Monday, February 19, 2007

Baby brothers

My brother is home for couple of weeks. He lives in Australia and I haven’t seen him for three years, when he came over for my wedding. We’ve just returned from a BBQ out at my sisters house this evening; a typical Dunedin BBQ, we started off outside on the deck and then retreated inside as the rain began.

My three siblings were there and for a change all nine of our children were there as well as our spouses/partners. So, we took the opportunity to take a few photos, as you never know when someone will die :-)

Nigel is my youngest brother (41) and he lives a happy-go-lucky life in Australia with his partner Janine. He intends to never have children, and it seems to work for him. His two nieces and five nephews think he is wonderful (so young looking and so many ‘toys’!) and my two older boys want to emulate his life ‘when they grow up’. They obviously are looking hard at my life and thinking that they would rather not duplicate it.

It was a funny get-together; my father wasn’t there, as he is still in hospital. We had a short discussion as to how to handle this stage of our dad’s life – with a few differences of opinion. Shortly afterwards my sister Deborah’s father-in-law left for home. He’s older than my dad, but more sprightly – I hope we didn’t scare him off with all the talk of rest homes, hospital, and the general degeneration of dad’s affairs.

Pix later, as I left the camera at work.

No comments: