Thursday, July 16, 2009

White is the new...?


Haven’t heard from the insurance company yet – but since I was looking for a replacement car anyway I got cracking with searching for a new car…

The want list was:
• Late model (as late as the budget could afford)
• ABS brakes
• Manual
• Not white
• Sedan

I ended up with a WHITE, AUTOMATIC, 2006 Toyota Corolla GL 1.8 sedan - three out of five. Every car out there seems to be a white automatic. Grrrr. Yes, it’s easy to drive and yes, autos are better than they used to be – but it’s not really driving is it? I feel like I’m on a bumper car track. All I have to do is steer and push the accelerator. I think I’ll fall asleep while driving this thing. Lovely as it is.

Also, it’s harder to take a decent car photo than it looks, especially in winter when the sun is in limited supply. I won’t be pursuing this as an alternative career option!

I went and cleared out the mitsy yeaterday. Four bags full of absolute junk: ropes, books, towels, tennis balls, bike pumps, a hammer(!), a bible(!), hockey pucks, maps, sun cream, etc, etc. I will try mightily not to put it in the new car. What a sad sight the car is. I had a good look at the impact spot and am grateful it wasn't a wee bit further back towards me. As it was I had a stiff arm and neck for a day or two.

No comments: