Monday, August 07, 2006

The week begins again

Well, Friday was a bugger! Biscuits! I don't even like biscuits. I had lunch in town with a friend at Minami - a lovely bento box that fitted in with my plan. But on arrival home I immediately craved sweet things. And so I ate biscuits, lots and lots. Semi saved the day by declaring it an early 'free day' meaning that there was no free Sunday to look forward to.

Fortunately it worked for me. I tried not to dwell on it and ate some chips and chocolate Friday night to thoroughly feel as though I had had my 'treaties' and then Saturday and Sunday I was a model Body-for-Life programmes follower! I am amazed at myself

This is my forth week. MD says I’m looking trim and even 'svelte'! But then he loves me dearly and isn't really very objective. Clothes feel much the same but I do feel really strong. I want to weigh myself but am resisting mightily as I don't want to see any numbers yet.

Seven weeks until the holiday, have to get on to the browning of alabaster flesh.

I've settled into a food pattern quite easily. I have the same breakfast (English muffin split with tomato, bacon and cheese), lunch (tortilla wrap with meat, tomato, lettuce, salsa, cheese), morning and afternoon snacks (yoghurt and cottage cheese) everyday. Tea is just whatever the family has but watching portion size and balanced carbs and proteins.

It's probably not perfect but it's a lot healthier than I have been eating for years. And, I don't feel hungry, just a craving or two now and then.

No comments: