Thursday, February 07, 2008

Who has the time?

Yes, well. Time is an issue here. Working fulltime is a whole lot harder than I thought it would be. Apart from the step up into quasi-management stuff and all that that entails, it's the hours, and hours, and hours that are spent at work. When am I meant to fit in the gym, karate, supermarket shopping and....the children????

Wow. I don't, however, have a new respect for working mothers. I just ask why do it? Thank the Lord for my 12 years as a stay-at-home mother and then eight years part-time work. I think I would be mad if I had had to work fulltime for the past twenty years. I suppose I should be thanking the two men in my life who made it feasible for me not to have to work fulltime.


I have so much guilt about not being home after school and so much annoyance at how little time I have to myself. I have put gym and karate above so many other things recently, because I know that if I begin a slide into slothdom and chubbiness I will be no good in other areas of my life. And yet I have no time for those other areas anyway so in a way it's wasted effort.

No comments: