Monday, June 02, 2008

Partner work - YES!

Training today was great! I was honoured to be invited to the dojo to train with the other shodan candidate. It’s kinda cool, because as a ‘slightly older’ woman sometimes I wonder if I’m taken seriously, or if I’m keeping up. I know I occasionally squeal at the wrong moment, my eyes water on occasion – often after a particularly strong impact, or maybe my age (lack of suppleness) just doesn’t always lend itself to a spinning, jumping, sotomawashageri (I imagine I look like a inebriated grasshopper)

So, to be asked by Steve, who is in serious kick ass training mode, three weeks out from his black belt grading, to come down and do some partner work has just made my week. I’m a happy girlie. It was fun too. I’m finally getting to grips with my intermediate self-defenses and learning how to fall a bit better. So, anyway...bag work, kata, self defenses, yakosoku, Steve’s self defenses, kibadachi combinations…an hour of fun on a public holiday.

No comments: