Tuesday, January 06, 2009

16 weeks

Well, really it's 14 weeks until my grading. This week is an oddity with me home alone (yee hah!) and not working much and then I have a week away in the North Island doing the Tongariro Alpine Crossing - hopefully getting better weather than this! And then the fun really starts...

Training up for my 1st kyu grading. I have had a great chat with Senpai Di and between us have nutted out a training schedule. I've eased back into the gym this week after a few months of lack lustre attendance and I started with the lovely stairs again - a little depressed at how hard they are.

I know that a lot can be achieved in 14 weeks, but for me it's a matter of finding a good balance between work and exercise. I tend to be filled with guilt over what I haven't done rather than pleasure at what I have achieved. It's all so subjective as well - fitness. Sometimes when everything hurts and you're tired out it's very hard to remember that you're doing OK.

I struggle (a tad) with the whole food thing too. Always wanting to lose weight and yet knowing that I am perfectly fit and heathy as I am - a good fighting weight :-) But there is always that dream of looking great in a bikini - pipe dream that it is at 46. I am soooo shallow!

So anyhoo, yesterday I had a great weights session at the gym, ran some stairs, did my push ups, and ate healthily. Today is cardio at gym and call into dojo (first time since 6 Dec!) and run lightly over my sylllabus. Classes don't start up until end of Jan.

Plus I get to babysit Phoebe today - bonus, bonus, bonus.

No comments: