Sunday, November 12, 2006

Bye Kate!

My wee, blogger, buddy Kate has left Dunedin! She’s off to London for a flying visit to a friend and then home to her family in North Carolina.

Kate tried to leave us yesterday but was politely told at the check-in counter that her ticket was for Sunday the 12th. “But” Kate protested “I’ve got to be in London on the 12th!” She hadn’t really checked her departure date and assumed that she had to leave a day early to travel 18 hours and arrive the next day. But that’s not the case in New Zealand. We are ahead of everywhere else in the world and so, when traveling around the globe, we often arrive on the same day we leave. The down side of course is when returning we lose a whole day somewhere.

So this is Kate at the airport on Saturday.


This is Kate out at Long Beach having gained an extra day to sight-see.


And this is Kate actually heading towards the plane!


And Jack giving the plane’s belly a wee tickle to make sure the flight to Christchurch would be an enjoyable one.



Loved having you around Kate!

2 comments:

KDC said...

I loved being around. You guys brought so much joy to my life and to my otherwise lonely stay in Dunedin. You will see me again; I guarantee it.

I love you all!

Jo said...

Great to see you have made it to a place that obviously has a computer. Enjoy your stay in London and safe travels onward home.

Jack is already planning his OE to visit you in ten years time :-)