Monday, November 20, 2006

S.O.S.O.

Only two weeks to karate camp. Interesting news in that they are delaying a general grading until the week after camp. This means I will have an extra two weeks plus a whole weekend of tuition, so I am seriously thinking of doing the grading.

If my shoulder is OK after camp I will definitely do it. It’s only the push-ups that concern me at the moment; I haven’t done one in three weeks. Camp equates to eight lessons, so I will have the right amount of classes and I am pretty confident of my syllabus and as fit as a flea. So it will be ‘shoulder watch’ for the next two weeks.

MD and I ran up Signal Hill in 32 minutes the other day. It’s uphill for 4.4km (very steep!) with a stunning view at the top. We had a great walk up Mt Cargill on Sunday afternoon. The book suggests 2-3 hours and we did it in 58 minutes. No iceberg sightings this time.

I piked out of a stair run on Saturday. We did it last week and I had sore calves for a couple of days. MD went out and did it without me, up 198 stairs 5 times. I was knackered the last time, possibly the hardest thing I have done for some time. I’ll do it next week with him.

I did some lunges the other day at the gym that got me pretty wobbly. It was my PT session, so I couldn’t wimp out, but it was hard! One leg up on the weights bench behind you and a single leg lunge, slowly! Times twelve and then swap legs. I did this twice during a couple of leg circuits and found muscles that I didn’t know existed. I can still feel them four days later! I’m not looking forward to next Friday’s session, because I know he’ll make me do it again.

Same refrain as usual: if I could just eat more sensibly I would be both looking and feeling fantastic!

3 comments:

KDC said...

Okay, I've heard you reference this MD person-- it's Sean, right? But you call him both Sean and MD and I'm just extremely confused. What does MD stand for?

Jo said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm a ditz! Of course it's Seán, but he hates this whole bloggy thing and so I call him MD (My Darling) puke.....to protect his privacy. But there you go - I slip up now and again, and again, and again :-)

Time for a wee update yourself, huh?

KDC said...

I did! I updated! 'Fraid it's not very interesting... but it will get more interesting... right after I get done with Thanksgiving. *big grin*