Thursday, October 19, 2006

Little goals

I’m feeling a little overwhelmed with my study efforts (again). I am not a good student, I dither and prevaricate and make everyone’s life a misery until my wee effort is over. I get no satisfaction with gaining good marks or having finished. The only thing I look forward to is the not having to do it next year.

• October 21st - Kim and David's wedding
• October 29th - Peg's 80th birthday
• November 10th - Dad's 75th birthday
• November 10th – Assignment due and my life begins again :-)
• November 11th Kate leaves Dunedin
• December 1st – First ever karate camp
• December 1st-3rd – MD’s Yondan grading
• December 5th – Zoë’s 15th birthday
• December 11th – Jack’s 10th birthday
• January 12th – Ben’s 19th birthday
• February 4th – Jed’s 17th birthday


The art of finding balance

2 comments:

KDC said...

I'm feelin' your overwhelmedness. I started studying for my first exam today, and I'm actually glad I started today because DEAR LORD it's a lot of stuff I'm having to wade through.

What do you do in karate camp?

^_^

Jo said...

Karate camp is fun - according to Zoë and Jed. Seán, on the other hand, loathes and detests them. I'm expecting to enjoy it immensely.

They hold one each year up near Christchurch - mainly for the South Island clubs but any Seido member can attend and there are often a few from overseas.

It's Friday evening to Sunday afternoon. And you just do lots and lots of karate and do what you are told to do all day and all night. You are not allowed watches and so have no idea of what time it is. One highlight is being roused in the middle of the night to do 1,000 kicks? I think you just wear your gi all day and all night.

It's apparently quite social and you get to know other karatekas from around the country. Sounds like ball to me. Best thing is you can count it as eight lessons towards your next grading.