Thursday, April 05, 2007

'Snot so bad

I read that last post and it sounds so depressing. Life is, actually, not that bad. In fact 87% of the time it is great and I love my life. That's a pass isn't it? An A+ pass, in fact. So, it is a little annoying (to myself and everyone around me) that I allow the 13% of shitty times to infiltrate and taint the good bits.

As I have been told many times - build a bridge and get over it.

Seán, who no longer reads my blog, is such a lovely man. He is kind and gentle, honest and caring, he has a generosity of spirit that is unbelievable (he's very clever too and I like that in a man) - the shit that he has to put up with from me is amazing and yet he does. he forgives me my sins over, and over, and over, and over. I forget this at times.

I'm always looking back and thinking how I would have liked to have married him first and had a family together that would have avoided that 13% of conflict - which is mainly about differing parenting styles and standards. But it’s probably not true, and we would still have had arguments over sex and money and children - as you do. And, of course, my darling children would not be the wonderful people they are...

So, this year I resolve to enjoy my wedding anniversary - not treat it casually and as though it is nothing more than just another day. We had a fabulous wedding day - full of fun and laughter and such a lot of good wishes. It's time to let the past be the past, stop regretting choices made and remember that this is my life now and this is what I have and it is good.

"All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well"

1 comment:

Jo said...

Thx, you are so right (I hate birthdays!).

I have changed my mind set on this one. It is worth celebrating. It's not just a random date. It is the date I choose to link my life to that of my sweet man and for that alone I will always be grateful.