Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Wicked Step Mother


I exist in one of those ghastly 'blended' families. It all began about three years ago when My Darling begged me to marry him. We had been in a relationship for over seven years and, by then, had had a child but still lived in separate houses. I ummed and ahhhed a bit - quite a bit - and then agreed. This meant that I gained three stepchildren. Grrr.

So, seven kids originally, the steps are here six days a fortnight, my three go to their dad’s every second weekend and darling Jack lives here all the time. We are down to five kids at home now; Sean’s eldest son is in Stuttgart having his OE (overseas experience) while my eldest went to live with his dad last year and is now in his second year at university.

So, Easter this year five are here and I will probably go slightly mad (again and again and again); too much chocolate, too much noise, just too, too, too much all together. Oh, and they all have two weeks of school holidays as of Good Friday -joy, oh, bloody joy…Double oh, I have a wedding anniversary to enjoy next week as well :-)

“Regrets, I have a few, but then again, too few to mention” (ha, ha, ha)

No comments: