Monday, April 02, 2007

Good old Timmers

I seem to be busy these days; no time to post, no time to blog – plenty of time (in Jo’s weird time scheme) to read and eat, however J

We are just back from a lovely weekend in Timaru visiting Seán’s parents. I love them dearly. I wish they were mine and it would, I think, be nice to grow up and be them. Perfect people, really.

Meet up with three of Seán’s four sisters, one brother-in-law and a couple of nephews as well. As is always the case there are a couple of ‘awkward’ bodies amongst this lot. More awkward than me (I think and hope?), which is saying something! But the good way out weighs the bad in this family. It makes my family look like cardboard cutouts and after visiting I always wonder how I would have turned out if I had been a child in that house?

My father is still battling his depression, or rather sinking further into the mire. It’s so hard to remain positive in the face of his overwhelming helplessness and childlike behaviour. I am tired of him.

I am also tired of my sore knee. I had thought it was coming right, but the last few days it has been achy and has sharp pains in it. I haven’t run for a week and am not inclined to, but need to for my base fitness. Karate grading is at the end of April – 4 weeks! Must run, must run!

No comments: