Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Begin again

Well it’s twelve weeks all over again! The original intent of this blog was to give me somewhere to blather on about weight and fitness stuff in an effort to tone up for a beach holiday in lovely Noumea, New Caledonia. It worked a treat and I wore a bikini for the first time ever.

Since then I have been keeping fighting fit; running, walking, karate, back at the gym and so on…But my food habits have deteriorated: little treats have become regular fixtures, impulse thoughts have been realised all to quickly. Too much rubbish going in leaving little room or inclination to eat healthy food.

My weight is relatively stable, up and down a few kg now and then. But I really can’t help thinking that with all the exercise I do it should show up a little ‘less’ on the scales. I know I have muscles to die for, I know I have stamina aplenty; I’m even relatively toned (except for that damn baby producing stomach bit!).

And so, for the next few weeks (Lent seems a particularly good time to be mindful) I shall be mindful of my food. I’ll stop buying and eating crap and I will eat well. I’d rather tell you my age (44) than my weight (?) and so it will remain a mystery and I’ll let you know if it decreases.

No comments: