Friday, February 09, 2007

Hospital visits are so dull

My dad is in hospital. Pancreatitus and gall stones. He's been miserable for months (not with this, just general oldness and misery) and it's actually a bit of a relief to have him somewhere where people are paid to fuss, feed, and tend to him and I can just visit.

He had an 'assisted shower' yesterday, probably the most fun he has had for years :-)
"Oh, yes, just a little lower, Oh yessss!" Ugh.

Yesterday I:
Visited dad (1am)
Visited dad (7am)
Worked
Morning coffee with sister
Worked
Lunched with sister and niece
Visited dad (2pm)
More coffee
Picked up daughter from dentist
Picked up son from school
Blogged :-)
Went to dad's house to cancel cleaner, gardener, meals on wheels, craft group, newspaper, etc...
Rang relatives to update them
Dropped daughter at her dad's- to play with Phoebe :-)
Karate
Picked up daughter from her dad's- I played with Phoebe
Shower
Chat, chat, chat
Bed.

I forgot about tea somehow and figured dad in hospital cost me about $30 bucks today in coffees, lunches and parking fees that I wouldn't normally have had. Am I a scrooge to think such thoughts? I imagine my pitiful work day didn't even cover it.

Dad a couple of months ago and slightly more cheerful.

No comments: