Thursday, March 15, 2007

Breasts are go!

Today I bought a chest guard; complete with a nifty wee crop top so it doesn’t lose it’s position, and a pair of kickers! Guys wear groin guards and the ladies protect their breasts :-)

I now have all the gear for sparring (mouth guard, gloves, etc) which is good, as the adult yellow belts have been invited to join Thursday night sparring class!

It is so much fun! I’m allowed to kick, punch and generally whack other people as hard as I like and because I’m a yellow belt they are not meant to hit me too hard. Sounds like a fine idea.

I’m really enjoying it. I imagine when I get a decent knock one day I’ll feel a little different. One of the brown belts took a decent elbow strike to the head tonight and was looking a bit woozy and not too happy.

My daughter gave me a fairly hefty kick to my thigh and I thought Hmmm, this could get really painful in a few months. If nothing else it’s a fantastic cardio workout.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Whack people as hard as you can, but expect that they will whack you back just as hard !

(I know this from experience)