Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Ouch!

I have been having physio on a dicky knee for the last few weeks, and last week she decided to try strapping it. I had no idea what this meant but it sounded like fun so I said sure. Ten minutes later I left the building with a few bits of tape around my knee and thinking that this was quite pathetic and no way would this help my knee.

Two days later I was very reluctant to take it off (she said to remove it after 48 hours) because it was like a miracle! I had no pain in my knee for two days and I could run, do karate and climb stairs with no discomfort at all! I couldn’t believe that such a simple thing could have such a big effect.

Anyway 10 minutes later in the shower I was really reluctant to remove the strapping because it HURT! I have never bothered shaving my legs above the knee. There doesn't seem to be much hair there and I rarely wear skirts that short. But, wow, oh yes indeed, there is hair there and it was determined to hang on to both the tape and my leg and I was in agony. Much worse than waxing because I couldn't get a good pull on the tape it was so wound in on itself. I could only tug half an inch at a time. Agony!

I was down there on Monday again and explained how brilliant the strapping had performed and how my knee was unstable and sore again after only a day out of the strapping. So, after the exercises and so on she said, ‘I might strap that up again.’ I said 'Sure!'

This morning in the shower, again agony, wince, wince! But I am prepared for the next visit; I have shaved up a little higher than usual :-)

No comments: