Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Phoebe's Baptism


I’m a Godmother!

Phoebe is no longer ‘my first husband’s second wife’s child, or ‘my daughter’s half sister’ (ugh).

She is my Goddaughter! I am delighted that I have an ‘official’ status in this wee girl’s life.

I assiduously looked up Godparent duties when they asked me if I would be one of her Godmothers, (Anglicans are, apparently, allowed two godparents of the same sex and one of the other - Catholics only being allowed one of each) and found that I have little to do unless the parents neglect their duties.

Phoebe’s other Godmother is her Aunt Eileen and her Godfather is Dave, a good friend of Stephen and Jane’s.

She was baptised at home last Thursday. The Christening gown was Stephen’s twin sisters gown.

4 comments:

EEK said...

She is so adorable. She's got that cute wide-eyed look going. Best of luck with the God-Mothering.

Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jo said...

eek: Thanks. I'm fancying a godmother/god daughter photo shoot, complete with wings and a throughly undeserved halo :-)

Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.