Friday, August 25, 2006

2 out of 6

Two of the six reasons to be "slim.....etc" arrive tomorrow: the karate grading and my older sister's birthday. I probably won't see my sister and the grading is not really about appearance, more performance. However, I have arrived at the day feeling pretty good. The gym and fitness regime has set me up really well for the grading regards any cardio we do. The actual syllabus I know and if I muck up on the day it will only be nerves and nothing that a few years training in technique won't fix.

My 16-year-old son is grading to 1st Kyu and I anticipate a battered boy at the end of it. Thiry fights after an intense grading. I know that I will be in tears near the end of it as it is not fun to watch your babies being beaten up. My daughter did it a few months ago and was quite chuffed to be able to go to school the next week with two black eyes - a dubious honour. Both will then be only one step off a black-belt in Seido karate. But that's a year or three away.

My own goal regards karate, is to make it to brown belt (2nd Kyu) by the time I am 50 ;-)

Having this week off form any food and exercise regime just proves to me how you fall back into the same old bad habits. Chips, chocolate, carb, carb, carb all day. I can hardly wait until Monday and another burst of healthiness.

Oh, I bought the bikini.

No comments: