Monday, August 28, 2006

Yellow, yellow, yellow

Yellow is not a colour I wear, ever. I have no yellow in my wardrobe - it makes me look ill. But now I have a yellow belt! At least it won't be next to my face;-)

The grading was great, tough at times, and I felt really ghastly now and then - spots in my eyes and ringing in my ears- but the three other adult blue belts and myself were double-graded to yellow. Missing out on the black-tab stage of the blue belt. Very scary as it means straight into new syllabus with a chance to really bed in the blue belt stuff. But super cool as it moves us up the ranks away from some pesky wee blue belts.

Sore calves today. I think from the warm up run without shoes. I remember running barefoot on the beach a few months ago and the same thing happened. Must try to remember that and go for a few barefoot runs next time.

My son was amazing, his sparring skills have improved immensely since the last grading and he fought well right to the end. I'm very, very proud of him.

And so it is Monday and now 4 weeks to holiday and back on the food and exercise routine that this blog started with. Had a good day today, but ended up working an evening shift and still need to hit the gym, about 8.30pm, and then home for tea. But positive.. Four weeks is do-able!

No comments: