Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Five weeks

I can't read a calendar, apparently. It's 5 weeks to my holiday instead of the four I was expecting. All good, really. I am having an 'off' (excercise/food) week this week, which leaves four more weeks to tune and tone up. I have been having late mornings every day 7.45am wake-ups instead of the 5.40am starts of the last few weeks. It hasn't made an iota of difference yet, but I'm sure it's good for me. I am fighting of a cold and have felt all stuffy and headachy these last few days.

I tried a bikini on yesterday. It was officially a 'snow day' with all primary schools cancelled. Somehow the snowman didn't bother looking out the window and there was no snow in the city, so with my 9 year old son in tow I went to the gym (it wasn't real exercise, just a wee tootle on the bike and the rower) and then shopping! Bought the same dress as in the weekend but in blue. V.happy with that. Justified it by trying on 3 or 4 dress on Monday that were just ghastly and feel that at least I have two things that suit me and make me feel pretty!

Back to the bikini - I took about 12 separates into the fitting room. All from the oddment rack as the new season swimsuits haven't appeared yet since it is still winter. This is good as I like a bargain! Anyway after trying on every possible combination I decided that a few bits weren't too bad. Not sure if their mirrors aren't fixed, but I didn't recoil as in the past with bathing suit expeditions. It's on hold and I'll make my mind up tomorrow.

Finally hit the sun-bed today after signing a disclaimer stating that 'Yes, I know sun-bedding is very, very bad and it's all my fault if I die of a melanoma - vanity, vanity - never again. I have booked about 6 sessions ahead and have a 10 session concession, so hope to see faint tan by then. And as pointed out by MD I have 5 weeks to go!

No comments: