Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Boxing day

My washing machine broke down a couple of days ago so I have been making frequent visits to my dad's house to do washing. I'll try the repair shop tomorrow, but I expect there will be no one around until after New Year. Meanwhile the water left in the machine is getting smelly....I need to find a length of hose and syphon it out. Tomorrow's job.

I began today well with a visit to the gym, weights and a couple of sessions on the treadmill. Then I came home and ate dumb food, again. Jed popped in and out and in and out with his mates, they are all at a loose end. Ben and Zoë hit the shops - Zoë finally scraping up enough cash for an ipod nano (in pink!)

About 5pm I walked down to the hospital (took about an hour) for a Phoebe visit. Zoë and I then mooched around eating cherries and trying to spit them into rubbish bins, very unsuccessfully, I have no spitability at all. A nice chick flick - The holiday - predictable nonsense but good actors -then a stroll home through dark streets and mild drizzle to arrive home at midnight.

A day done.

No comments: