Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Wet, wet, wet...


Even though it is grey, misty, and just a tad chilly, I thought a swim was due. I swam a lot last year and got to be a regular at the St Clair Hot Salt Water Pool, but that was because I was training for a few triathlons. This year my focus has been karate, which doesn't really involve a lot of swimming :-p

I like swimming, but unfortunately my shoulder didn't today and I felt every stroke with my left arm as I churned out my 1km. I'll see what it feels like tomorrow.

This pool is always a delight to swim in. On a cold day it is pleasantly warm, on a hot day it's just lovely to be swimming in clear water outdoors ( a rarity in Dunedin).

On hot, sunny days I always have an opposite case of 'the grass is greener'...If I'm at the pool I look over at the beach and think yaah, I'm not getting sand everywhere and being buffeted by waves; if I'm at the beach I look over at the pool and think, 'you silly people, you should be out here in the real world'. Fortunately I always think I am in the right place.

They have a Web Cam so you can check out how busy the place is before you go (I only lane swim and detest having to share!) - it's actually just a surf/weather camera, but hey, I can pretend it's for my own personal benefit :-)

No comments: