Thursday, December 28, 2006

What to do?

I have made a list of all the things that I both enjoy doing AND that are good for me. I have little planned for the holidays and so intend to do at least two things off the list each day. It's up on a whiteboard and I’m ticking things off when complete (x's here, as the lovely ticks I did in Word didn't transfer :-(). It's not as good as keeping an exercise journal, but it's working so far (all three days of it!) Walking is actually the most useful and necessary as I have a three day tramp planned for later in January, with lots of UP.

So far the list consists of:
• Gym x
• Walk xxx
• Run
• Swim x
• Bike
• Karate x
• Tennis x

I should probably add:
• Housework- clean out wardrobe, drawers, clean kitchen floor, etc…
• Gardening- cut grass, weed spray, sweep paths, clear vege garden, etc…

But hey, it’s holidays and those things are so not fun!

Also important (but not on the list due to their adverse affect on my fitness) are:
• Reading
• Watching Videos
• Blogging
• Txting
• Emailing

Zoë is off for a week on a farm in Waikaia. Jed is away to his dad’s from tonight. Jack is in Timaru with his dad. Ben (who doesn’t live here anymore, but he’s still mine!) is off on a ‘road trip’ to Nelson, for the New Year. And so I am here, finally, I think, ALONE…lets see how long I last. I have always found, in the past, that this longed for peace and quiet begins to pall about the third day.

I'll go and pump up my bike tires and see if I can squeeze a wee ride in amongst the rain showers.

No comments: