Monday, May 21, 2012

One hundred days

And so it goes... A pretty good day today - started off by receiving multiple texts from sick staff members, which meant a complete change of plans for my day. All for the best in the end, I was so busy I had no time to dawdle about. As well as concentrate on great food, I've decided to give up coffee for five weeks, not as a health benefit, just 'because I can'. It was becoming a habit rather than a treat and I want to get back to enjoying one or two coffees now and then, rather that the three or four I needed each day. So, cold turkey - no coffee today - lots of insipid, warm tea instead. Food was fine today - bacon and eggs for breakfast, delicious vegetable soup, with a beef stock base and cold chicken for lunch and an enormous tasty vegetable medley with chicken breast for tea. Oh, a protein shake at about 4.30, to gird my loins for black belt class and a square of dark chocolate after dinner. So unmotivated tonight, I had to force myself into the dojo, which is very unusual for me. As usual though, once it was all done and dusted I was happy as. I was pretty much left alone after the warm up, so played with the bo. Going to book the holiday this week, I'll go to one more travel agent for a quote and then just do it.

2 comments:

Emma said...

I've been really unmotivated to get to Crossfit lately I have to say, I think it's the weather mostly. Once I'm there though I love it.. it's just getting my ass out of the house in the first place that's the problem!

Keep up the good work :)

Jo said...

Yeah, it's pretty dark and cold here by 5 now. I'm lucky that classes all start at 5.30pm, so going home is not an option. AND my car is parked just past the dojo, so if I decide to bunk off I have to actually walk past the dojo door.