Tuesday, July 11, 2006

A day at home

Usually a study day, but since it's the school holidays the darlings are scattered around and the house isn't conducive to study. I can't bear to go to the library to study as I have enough 'working mother' guilt already. And so, all study is on hold until next weekend.

Had a lovely start to the day with a ride down to MD's work. I trotted over to the gym and did some winter challenge cardio, 20 minutes on the bike and 5 mins on the ski thing and then left all hot and bothered for a 45 minute walk home. Gathered youngest son and back to town to buy this and that; pillow cases, trousers, pedometer and a nifty wee vacuum cleaner for the keyboard.

So the exercise thing is taken care of. Karate tonight as well. But having trouble starting the food thing. I seem to be eating all the 'not so good' foods in the house so that they won't be here to tempt me. I can't quite throw them out, juts hoping not to replace them next time I'm at the supermarket.

Reading Bill Philip's 'Eating for life' and enjoying it but only got it out of the library yesterday so no time for huge food revelations yet. the before and after photos are almost too unbelievable. But little secret hope that maybe if one did it all really, really, well?????

So, all OK. Looking forward to Friday and my new weights programme at the gym. Then I will know I am really on my way. Oh, investigated sun-beds today. I know, I know horrid unhealthy melanoma producing things, but still I want to be brownish rather than translucent white on that beach. eleven weeks away! Start that early August I think. No idea where all the time is going to come from for all this self-indulgence?

No comments: