Friday, July 07, 2006

The start

Grumpy as hell last night as I attempted to modify my Laissez-faire relationship with food. There was this bag of chips just sitting here saying 'Eat me, eat me!’ Instead I growled my way through the evening and retired to bed feeling virtuous, if not satisfied. Attitude change required.

Friday morning a good start at the gym. Ten mins on the treadmill (after warming up), then five mins each on the rower and the stair climber. Whew, I had forgotten how intense the gym could be. This after months of running outside where you can speed up or slow down as terrain and legs dictate. That treadmill with the wee numbers blinking really compels me to complete a time at a speed. It’s like a mini defeat if I have to lower the speed.

This morning I was running at 13km/h for 10 minutes, covered about 2.1km. So things to work on. However, a good start. Had shower and breakfast at the gym and them straight to work.

I have begun.

No comments: