Saturday, July 15, 2006

Gearing up

Fridays PT session went really well. I liked Harumi and if I didn't have this body for life thing stuck in my brain, I would be perfectly happy with the programme. But! I have made a (yet another) decision and Monday morning I will ring the gym and ask them to delay my PT sessions for 12 weeks. I'm going to do the body for life thing.

MD is keen and supportive. We have bought a weights bench (Trade me (cheap!)) for both of us to use. I'll probably use the gym more than stuff at home but it will be handy to work out correct form and get the timings right. Very tempted to go the whole hog and get a treadmill while we are at it.

I have even bought some of the protein shake stuff. Hope to only use it once a day and eat real food the rest of the time. I have the eating for life book out form the library too and the food looks scrumptious. I don't want to get caught up in supplements and stuff. I just want to tone up and be really, really, really fit. Roll on Monday.

3 comments:

kimhmm said...

Protein shakes sound good.. I wish I was actually dedicated enough to bother sticking with something for more than about.. two days (which seems to be my record).

I'm trying to convince mum and dad to buy a treadmill (primarily for my use :P ) because it's so much easier to excercise indoors when it's freezing cold outside.. and if it's cold outside I can't be bothered.

Good luck!!

Jo said...

I'm not actually convinced by protein shales. The theory is (in the book) that you just don't have time to eat and prepare six meals a day and so these are convenience meals. But I worry that they might slide down too quickly and I won't feel that I have eaten. We shall see.

kimhmm said...

That's a good theory.. but since half the fun is eating the food itself.. I get what you mean about it possibly not working. Hope it does :D