Thursday, July 06, 2006

Time to get serious

My birthday treat this year is a weeks holiday in New Caledonia. And so for the next twelve weeks I am on countdown to be 'holiday ready'. Fit, healthy and hopefully, bikini able. Twelve weeks isn't really long enough, but it's all my head will cope with. I have a goal, I have a plan and now it's just a matter of will power.

I'm starting from a base fitness that is pretty good. I competed in a couple of triathlons over the summer and have continued running a couple of times a week since then. The swimming and biking have gone by the by during winter. I have karate twice a week, with a grading during August, so any improved fitness will be a bonus. I have joined a Winter Challenge at the gym which involves being in a team and lots of cardio workouts as we attempt to bike, run and row the length of New Zealand. Oh, I have a pilates class once a week as well. So the only thing missing, which I haven't paid attention to since before Christmas, is weights and toning. And so, I have a new programme at my gym and Harumi is going to take me though it once a week. Yes, I have succumbed again - a personal trainer. Once a week for ten weeks. If this doesn't make a difference, nothing will!

Oh yes, food...there is that. A slightly modified diet, but no dieting! Just a little more awareness of the crappy snacks that I eat. More water da de da and so on. Onwards!

No comments: