Saturday, July 08, 2006

Yes, well...

It's always so hard to change the way you behave. The idea of eating and living a healthy lifestyle is soooo appealing. It's the right thing to do, so why, why, why do I not just do it? One thing I forget so many times, and am always amazed and astounded with the profoundness of it when I 'rediscover' it, is the idea that our bodies are just machines and as such require the right fuel to work at their peak. If it's your car, you wouldn't pour shit, or whatever, into the petrol tank because you know what would happen. You pay out and you put in what the machine requires. I suppose it's a time-frame thing. Crap into a petrol tank gives you such an immediate response whereas with our poor abused bodies it takes years to really mess then up and years to get them right again.

I believe this, so why do I not fuel up properly? Probably because we are not simple machines but complex organisms with shit for brains.

Anyway, school holidays and children around all day means food choices become dumbed down. And I am dumb enough to fall for it.

No comments: